Fire sprinklers are the first defense in fighting a fire. A fully maintained and functioning fire sprinkler system is an essential part of an office space’s overall fire safety plan. Our team’s years of industry experience allows us to offer design, installation, preventative maintenance, and emergency services.
Our fire sprinkler inspection services will give you the security of knowing that your fire systems are prepared to protect the lives of occupants, protect property, and pass local fire protection requirements. An inspection and maintenance schedule for sprinklers are required on a monthly, quarterly, semiannual, annual, and five-year basis. We can work with you to keep this schedule up to date.
Also, through regular inspection and maintenance, we can extend the life of the system, improve its reliability and reduce the overall cost of maintenance. Our design staff uses 3D CAD design programs which enable us to map out a fire sprinkler design that works with your layout. We also offer nitrogen corrosion control for fire sprinkler piping. This application is suitable for all types of facilities including data centers, hospitals, stadiums, warehouses or any other sites where a wet, dry, or pre-action system exists.
Our experienced technicians can handle fire protection-related emergencies of any kind and magnitude. We offer 24-hour, 7-day per week service. There is no “small emergency” when it comes to our clients’ needs and expectations.
Here is what you can expect from reliable fire protection:
- Preventative maintenance programs
- Deficiency repairs, tracking & reporting
- AHJ intermediary
- AHJ requirement compliance
- Code consulting
- NICET-certified technicians
WEEKLY / MONTHLY
- Inspection of gauges depending on system (dry, pre-action, deluge and wet systems)
EVERY 3 MONTHS
- Inspection of alarm devices, hydraulic nameplate and fire department connections
- Inspection of buildings, hanger/seismic bracing, pipe, fittings and sprinklers
- Inspection and testing of control valves, alarm switches, gauges, backflow preventer, anti-freeze loops, fire department connections, and visible piping
- Inspection and trip test of dry, pre-action, and deluge systems
EVERY 5 YEARS
- Inspection of hoses, containers, and piping (Serviced as needed)
- Standpipe testing (including dry standpipe hydrostatic testing)
- Internal pipe inspections & obstruction investigations
DURING AN INSPECTION OUR FIRE SPRINKLER TECHNICIANS WILL COMPLETE:
- Inspection to determine if the system is in service and in satisfactory condition
- Identification of conditions that could compromise the performance of the mechanical and electrical components of the system
- Inspection for adequate clearance, condition, and position of the sprinkler heads to allow for proper distribution and activation
- Inspection of the sprinkler control valves for proper position, condition, accessibility, and appropriate signage
- Inspection and performance of required water-flow tests for each system from main drain and inspectors test valve (weather permitting)
- Visual inspection of the fire department connection, caps, threads, clappers, check valves, and drains
- Inspection and testing of the fire sprinkler system alarm components for satisfactory condition and operation
- Check of spare head box for proper supply and wrench
- Inspection of the general condition of visible and accessible sprinkler system piping, hangers, drain valves, gauges, and related equipment
- Test of the operation of sprinkler air compressors for proper activation and shut off, if applicable
- Test of all low-pressure alarms, supervisory circuits, and auxiliary functions for proper operation
- Review of customer changes in building status and occupancy hazard classifications that may affect the performance and reliability of the fire sprinkler system
- Tagging of devices as required and performance of all required record keeping
- Compiling of a complete report of the inspection, explanation of any deficiencies and recommendations for any corrective actions in accordance with local codes and fire standards
- Information and explanation that the inspection does not include a design evaluation or engineering analysis
Are you prepared?
It’s wise to be proactive about fire safety. In an office setting it is not only a legal obligation but a moral one. Protect your employees and property from a worst case scenario and get your fire sprinklers inspected and up to date.
Reliable Fire Protection is a full-service Houston fire protection company. Contact us for your testing, maintenance service, inspection, retrofit, or repair anytime. We are available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.